1. Shu Uemura Whitefficient Clear Brightening Gentle Cleansing Oil ($92 CAN): I have been using this cleansing oil every night devotedly to take off any last residue of makeup. It also takes off eye makeup with perfection, so no need to invest in another makeup removal product – this does the job pretty well. No leftover oily residue and skin feels squeaky clean.
2. Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam ($49 CAN): Over the past year or so, I have been (secretly) fighting hyper pigmentation on my chin. My face and chin are literally two distinct shades. I discovered a small sample of this thing in my arsenal and I have been hooked since. I find it really helpful in fighting the awkward pigmentation. The only downside, however, is the fact that this is super drying. Luckily my skin has a pretty good natural moisture level for the most part, so its not particularly bothersome.
3. Shiseido The Skincare Night Moisture Recharge – Regular ($55 CAN): Super moisturizing, but not leaves your skin supple, not greasy. It is an extremely solid night moisturizer. The only issue I have with this one is that it got emptied pretty quickly. I may repurchase it, but it is certainly not something that is indispensable.
4. Forest Essentials Indian Rose & Marigold Light Day Lotion (₹ 1395): I picked this up in India this past January. It is an extremely lightweight day moisturizer with a rather strong, cooling rose scent to it. I don’t mind the scent because I love floral scents and even though it is strong, it is soothing at the same time. It is light, easily absorbed and has an SPF of 25. I really enjoy using it, but again, it is nothing indispensable so I won’t necessarily miss it once its gone.
5. Kiehl’s Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50 ($36 CAN): There is no other sunscreen I’d put my money on. This is my second bottle and the previous, unbelievably tiny bottle lasted me an entire year, so that’s that. The consistency is so thin and you only need a few drops for your entire face. I really love this light and thin sunscreen.
6. L’occitane Brightening Instant Exfoliator ($40 CAN): I recently discovered this exfoliator and I’m in love! It is not an easy, every day exfoliator; it is serious business. The granules are coarse and end up in a nice exfoliation. My skin, in the end, is softer and more even toned. I highly recommend this one!
7. Lancome Genefique Yeux Light Pearl ($87 CAN): This is what I have been using on/off for my eyes. I like this one for the most part, but one thing I feel this is lacking is moisture. Otherwise it did wonders for my dark circles.