Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer ($42 US) is a cult favorite product among beauty junkies. Even if you are not someone who is “in the know,” you would know or have had heard of this product. Long before when I was 17, I was battling a shoe addiction and only had a total of 8 cosmetic products, I knew of the LMTM (get it? abbreviated rapper name, ha!). So what is soo special about this thing? I had a little musing with this babe to just find that out and I’m letting out all its secrets.
The good news: I absolutely loved the texture and feel of this thing. So smooth, so silky; very dreamy. It is moisturizing and does the job like any good amazing moisturizer would. The coverage is extremely light, it is there, but is extremely light-weight. It will not cover any light blemishes or scars, you will need a concealer. I am currently not loving the little spot on my chin, so I need heavier coverage, but otherwise it is the perfect every day coverage for me.
The not-so-good news: the value scores a D- in my books. Ok, I get it, Laura Mercier is a high end brand, I have no problem raking out the moolah in exchange for a balance of quality and quantity. While the quality is great, the quantity just isn’t there. This thing is finished within a month of regular use. To add insult to the injury, the packaging causes leaks.
Overall thoughts: I just wish there was more product. $42 US is much too much (and even much more for Canadians) to spend monthly on a tinted moisturizer. I’d rather just mix in foundation with moisturizer. Sorry LMTM, it didn’t work out between us, you are still fabulous though.

18 thoughts on “Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer

1. Kelli Naziri

This product made me break out soo bad and I'm not sensitive to ANYTHING… I was so disappointed in this too. oh well…still on the hunt for a perfect TM. ;)

Oh that's really too bad. I hope you returned it. Bobbi brown has a new one out which is supposed to be really good…I also love Stila's TM.

3. Larie

I've never tried this one, since it has parabens and I have an allergy, but one of my friends said it made her break out, too (even the oil-free version?). I'm shocked that it's gone in a month, though – that's some serious money!  I've been using Dior's TM, which I love :D

4. Tracy@ Beauty Reflections

Yeah, I agree. I don't buy it anymore. I use my Kiehl's TM which I love, and I've recently discovered that my Estee Lauder Double Wear which I hate(too cakey for my dry skin) makes an excellent TM when mixed with moisturizer. It lasts all day!

Oh i absolutely adore Dior's foundations, so I am sure their TM is also fantastic. Must check it out, thanks :) I hope it lasts longer than this one.

I have heard lots about Kiehls' TM, but I don't think they have my shade. With most good quality tinted moisturizers being so expensive, I find its better to just mix foundation with moisturizer. And thanks for sharing the EL Double wear thing, I'll pull out my heaviest coverage foundation and try.

7. Appu

I agree, this is pricey as hell! I have the smaller size which is about $20 after which, I'm gonna try Clinique or Kiehl's. The only problem with Kiehl's is that they have discontinued the darkest shade so I may have to try Medium :(

8. Witoxicity

I loved reading this review. Very entertaining. :D  I've never tried this myself.  It's expensive all right but it hasn't been receiving praise for no reason. :)

9. Cynthia Z

Great review S. That sticker on the packaging does look bad! I didn't like this enough to buy it either. It always looks too sheer and my skin needs a lot of coverage.

♥xx♥

10. ann

WOW! The TM lasted me 6 months! Maybe I use too little… But for me, the packaging didn't cause leaks and is just perfect.

11. Jane

I am kinda shocked to see that this lasted you only a month. I may have to wait and watch.I only recently got mine. But with the tiny amount I use , I think I’ll get a lot more value. But this stuff is like none other. Absolutely rocks.