I had promised myself last year that from 2011, I’ll do a top 5 favorite list every month. Being the forgetful person that I am, it totally went past me, but I finally remembered. In this post, which will sometimes be a youtube video, I’ll talk about my five favorites/most used products of this past month.
- Dior DiorSkin Forever Compact Flawless & Moist Extreme Wear Makeup SPF 25. Whew, that’s one heck of a long name for a compact! I was hardly a powder foundation kind of a gal, mainly because my skin is dry, but this one converted me into one! This feels so comfortable on the skin, in fact, feels rather hydrating. The color match is also perfect for me (I use Honey Beige 040). What I love the most about it though is the fact that powder foundation is fast, it takes literally 30 seconds to do my whole face with this thing. Genius!
- MAC Pinkswoon Sheertone Blush. It is probably the trickiest pink to carry off on our skin tones, but I manage to do that just fine. I love this blush so much, it gives the perfect winter rosy glow to your cheeks.
- Lush Buffy body butter. It is the only thing I need in the shower. It exfoliates and moisturizes my quenched skin like nothing else. Bonus: also fights cellulite. I can’t go a day without my Buffy!
- L’Occitane En Provence Dry Skin Hand Cream. As you probably know, I live in a super dry region. I also got a dog who likes to poop and pee everywhere and I have to clean up and wash my hands. This probably happens 20 times a day and the result is my hands are super dry. This is the most comforting hand cream, yet it doesn’t feel greasy, at all!
- Yoga. I think most of my blogger friends already know that I am quite a yoga enthusiast. I go to Yoga almost every day and I go crazy the days I don’t get my practice. Having practiced yoga continuously for a couple of months now, I finally see the changes it has had on me. I think Yoga makes me a better person, keeps me centred, calm and less emotionally charged up. It has also done wonders for my skin. I had started to develop those baby wrinkles on my forehead called the “11″ you know those two vertical lines around your eyebrows? Yes, I never wear SPF and take too much stress, so that’s probably why it started. Well guess what? They are gone now! It is almost as if it never existed. Lately, I don’t even moisturize and my skin has this perfect glow to it. I would encourage everyone who is reading to go to at least a few yoga classes, it may just change your life, like it did mine.