You guys have no idea how much I missed you guys and blogging during this whole enforced break. Blogging is such a vital part of me now and I really miss interacting with you guys, ranting and raving about make-up and life! Anyways, now I have a huge line up of things to review and let’s start off with Boscia’s Luminizing Black Mask.
I’m such a big fan of face masks in general, I think its so important to give your skin a little treat once in a while. Therefore, a face mask is definitely one of my must haves skin-care items. I was looking for a new one, taking a break from my usual Lush Fresh Face Masks, I thought Boscia would make an interesting and novel choice. I picked it up!
It is a peel-off mask, so it was a far cry from the exfoliating ones I am used to. It is a thick black jelly like substance which is to be applied in an even layer and kept on for 15-20 minutes, as it dries. It claims to boost skin clarity and radiance by removing dirt and impurities and minimizing pores.
What I liked about it?
- It did leave my skin clear and fresher looking. So it did what it said it would. Pores were minimized and skin was indeed radiant. A big plus!
- Greater shelf value than most masks.
- Portable, so travel friendly!
What I didn’t like about it?
- Quantity is too less, one tube will last for 5-6 uses. For $44/Cdn, I definitely do expect more. Let down!
- While it may be fun for some people to peel off the masks, I found it rather annoying and slightly painful. Although it will help if you let it dry for longer, as it will peel off much easily.
- It takes 20 minutes to dry completely, definitely not something I’ll like to indulge in often. I much prefer those 5 minute masks.
Overall thoughts: So while it is indeed good for your skin, I would not repurchase it. For $44, I expect more value than 5-6 uses. Also, it is one of the lesser user friendly masks I have used. I would much rather buy 5 Lush Fresh Face Masks with my $44! Sorry Boscia, it didn’t work out between us </3.
|Some comic relief!
The give-away is closed! Expect the results by this weekend. Please take-off the announcements from your side-bars if you haven’t done already. Thanks